City Coach was formed in 2000 as a partnership between elite athlete Christopher Bergland, and his long-time coach Jonathan Cane. Jonathan – better known as Coach Cane – remains the Head Coach, and Christopher serves as a consultant, while focusing on his work as an author and blogger for Psychology Today.
We work with a wide variety of runners and multisport athletes, ranging from beginners to World Champions. Our services include customized online training programs, and one-on-one coaching in swimming cycling, and running. Coach Cane oversees all training programs and works with a variety of qualified coaches.
In addition, we oversee group training programs for JackRabbit Sports in New York, offering Beginner Running programs, as well as groups for the NYC Marathon, Brooklyn Half Marathon, and the NYC Triathlon. We also offer Corporate Fitness training programs, having recently worked with the Time Warner Fit Nation program, and have conducted Corporate Health Fairs for Active.
- Race Ready Coaching – The Champion Mindset Excerpt
- Fox News Health – The 7 best mental tricks to make your next run more fun
- Ebony – In it to Win: getting ready for a marathon
- Stitcher Radio – Become a Better Athlete
- Runner’s World – Cheaters Beware: This Guy Is on to You
- Men’s Journal – 10 Things Not To Do Before Race Day
- Daily Burn – Should You Press Pause On Your Running Music?
- Wall Street Journal – How to Run ‘Naked’ and Love It
- CNN – Running Plans for All Runners
- Ironman – How Soon Can I Race Again?
- Triathlete Magazine – One Hour Workouts: VO2 Max Workouts
- Triathlete Magazine – One Hour Workouts: Downhill Running
- Triathlete Magazine – Insider Tips for the NYC Triathlon
- Triathlete Magazine – Top Nine Triathlon Training Secrets from NYC Coaches
- Triathlete Magazine – Get Inspired: From Brain Surgery Back To Ironman
- Triathete Magazine – How a Fixed Gear Bike Can Make You a Better Triathlete
- Triathlete Magazine – Seven Tips for Getting Comfortable in the Aero Position
- Wall Street Journal – Who Quits Before Race Day?
- Health Magazine – Winter-Proof Your Run
- Health Magazine – Your Guide to Running at Any Level
- Health Magazine – How to Start Running Again After an Injury
- well + GOOD – Understanding the Surprising New Research on Barefoot Running
- well + GOOD – 7 Inspiring Couples We Love
- That’s Fit – Train for a Triathlon and Get Your Best Body
- Runner’s World – Fast or Slow?
- Runner’s World – Cheaters Beware
- NY Post – Running a Scam
- Greatist – I Want to Run a Half Marathon
- Women’s Health – You Can Be a Triathlete
- Active – Be a Guru on Your Bike
- Active – Six Reasons Why You Should Run on a Treadmill
- Elle Magazine – Tips from Fitness Models
- MapMyRun - Don’t Make These 5 Common Taper Mistakes
- Gotta Run With Will - Jonathan Cane leads a discussion about Nike's #Breaking2 event
NPR - Meet 2 Race Sleuths Trying to Keep Marathoners Honest