Chicago Marathon Race Results
City Coach athletes made their way to Chicago and did not disappoint.
- Luke McCambley 2:37:29 (PR, new team record)
- Kevin Starkes 2:43:51
- Stephen England 2:46:23
- Ruy Guimaraes 2:52:22 (PR)
- Bonnie Averbuch 2:58:33 (PR, new team record)
- Bridget McKenna 3:08:02 (PR)
- Tim Armstrong 3:09:11
- Sheila Monaghan 3:14:00
- Keila Merino 3:21:04
- Alisa Stern 3:33:01
- Adele Laboz 3:35:49 (PR)
- Sara Bibi 3:45:00
A few observations from the comfort of my couch:
- Luke ran a negative split and is now the proud owner of the fastest City Coach marathon. Not bad for his debut.
- Kevin's 2:43 was on the heels of his Hamptons Marathon victory last week. His recovery jog is most people's dream race.
- Bonnie bested her team record, and ran a major negative split in the process.
- Bridget set a 10-minute PR in her first marathon since 2006
- Luke looks way too happy while running 6:00/mile
- Tracking runners online is stressful work, but in this case it makes for one very happy and proud coach. There are more variables than anyone can full control during a marathon (and training), and even on the best of days a team is not going to have nothing but PR's, but today's race was further proof of the obvious - hard work and smart racing pay off. Congratulations to our entire team in Chicago.