Keeping Your New Year's Resolutions
If you resolved to lose weight or get healthy this year, here are some tips to make the remaining month a little easier. If you haven't made a resolution yet, it isn't too late (it's still January):
1) Take a Nutritional Inventory: write down your goals and strategies and review them regularly. Consider making yourself a contract and signing it. Below are some tips for getting started.
2) Be honest with yourself: you can only make changes if you know what needs to be changed.
Small bites and snacks here and there can add up.
3) Start small: If you jump in and try to change everything in a short time period, you might get discouraged. Make small changes you know you can make, and add more as you go. Here are some examples:
-Cook dinner at least once per week, and make enough for leftovers.
4) Include all food groups: Remember you are making a lifestyle change, and balancing your food groups is the first step.
5) Revise your plan: Re-read this list often and remind yourself of the positive steps you are taking and re-adjust the things that aren't. Don't let yourself get discouraged, you can do it!